Software Developer in Test
- Sunnyvale, CA
The Alexa Devices team is looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Engineer in Test who has experience in test design, implementation, and automation. As a member of the team, you will be responsible for leading the development of testing infrastructure and automated testing of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead best practices that enable a quality product.
• Build and improve software and tools by translating business, functional and design requirements and problems into robust, scalable, and supportable test solutions.
• Use object-oriented (OO) design patterns, high level programming languages such as Java, and data modeling techniques for testing.
• Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards and help create functional and engaging features that delight customers.
• Mentor junior software development engineers in test and being pioneer for building the effective test team and extensible test solutions.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or 4+ years relevant work experience.
• 6+ years professional experience in software design, development, or testing.
• Sound Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design and data structures.
• Proficiency in at least one modern OO programming language such as Java, C#, or C++.
• Experience taking on a technical leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Conviction to stand up for quality issues.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and a passion for breaking software.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience in developing product test harnesses and instrumenting products to gather test results.
• Experience with test driven development and establishing unit test infrastructures.
• Experience automating the validating of modern user interfaces and messaging infrastructures.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
• Experience interacting and coordinating test activities amongst multiple teams.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives, and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
Back to top