Amazon WorkSpaces is a managed desktop computing service in the cloud. Amazon WorkSpaces allows customers to easily provision cloud-based desktops that allow end-users to access the documents, applications and resources they need with the device of their choice, including laptops, iPad, Kindle Fire, Android tablets, and zero clients. With a few clicks in the AWS Management Console, customers can provision a high-quality cloud desktop experience for any number of users at a cost that is highly competitive with traditional desktops and half the cost of most virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) solutions.
If you like to work in massively scalable distributed systems, networking protocols for real time presentation remoting and opportunities to work on multiple client technologies then join our team to help build Amazon's Desktop-As-A-Service offering! We aim to bring a desktop experience to modern form factors (mobile, desktop) with a native experience for end-users, and a simple and cost-effective way to provision and manage these desktops for IT administrators, leveraging world's largest public cloud! The systems underlying the offering are complex and there are huge opportunities to work at all levels from the front end user experience, to a set of robust platform services, to system level pieces and everything in between. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and is passionate about building quality software as well as achieving operational excellence. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are essential. From an engineering perspective, it is a great opportunity to build distributed systems, using industry leading AWS constructs such as EC2, EBS, DynamoDB, EMR and SWF.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 4+ years experience
• Previous experience developing distributed systems or cloud native applications
• Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills
• Experience developing cloud native applications is a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Women / Minority / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.