Software Developer Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Are you interested in building a dynamic training platform that helps the AWS sales organization to serve their customers?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Worldwide Enablement, Training, & Communications (WWETC) team seeks an experienced and creative Software Development Engineer to help us enhance existing training and knowledge management platforms for our worldwide field organization. This is an exciting opportunity to innovate and reimagine how we ready our field employees and enable greater levels of seller productivity in a way that scales with the unprecedented growth of our business.
Our team values work life balance and while you'll be located with a community of your peers, you will have flexibility to work from home when you need to. This particular role offers creative growth and ownership opportunities. This is a team that embraces the "Yes, and" approach to design and big or cool ideas to elevate our field's experience with our platforms are encouraged.
Position may be based in Seattle, WA; Dallas, TX; Arlington, TX; or Boston, MA.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• BA/BS in Analytics, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• • Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Masters in Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience
• 6+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or a Software Developer
• Experience building and leading complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience developing on Windows/Unix/Linux
• Experience with ava/Scala/Golang/Python and Node preferred
• Practical knowledge of operating systems, MySQL and NoSQL databases (Redis/couchbase/mongodb/ES or any graphDB).
• Experience with Docker and kubernetes is a plus
• Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues
• Experience communicating with users, software development engineering teams, management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top