SageMaker Elastic Inference (part of AWS AI) aims to deliver the best price performance on SageMaker by combining hardware acceleration using Elastic Inference accelerators (https://aws.amazon.com/machine-learning/elastic-inference) with software acceleration using the Neo compiler (https://aws.amazon.com/sagemaker/neo/), and tuned model servers. We not only power the inference experience on SageMaker, but also maintain and contribute to multiple open source projects. We are looking for a strong technical contributor to develop and optimize inferences on SageMaker at AWS Scale.
If you are passionate about democratizing AI and enabling millions of developers to incorporate deep learning algorithms into their application development, have fun solving complex technical problems at AWS scale, like to build high-performance, distributed systems, have expertise in big data and cloud computing, enjoy extracting maximum performance at scale at every layer of the stack and like to push the envelope, we would like to talk to you.
You will have exciting and challenging responsibilities to:
- Create and enhance innovative features, and see them launched in high-volume production with Amazon customers
- Build, operate and optimize critical AWS services enabling deep learning capabilities for internal use and by AWS customers
This position within the AWS AI team presents a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
• Experience building large scale, high-performance systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment
• Knowledge of service-oriented architecture, software development, test and operation
• Expertise in compilers and optimization techniques; high performance, distributed systems including GPUs and other HW accelerators
• Experience with Machine learning libraries like TensorFlow, MxNet and PyTorch
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.