- Seattle, WA
Do you have a passion for designing and building highly scalable distributed systems software?
Do you want to be involved in the future of cloud computing?
Would you like to work across teams to build and operate large scale systems and contribute both technically and as a leader of the team?
The Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) Networking team is looking for software engineers who have a passion for diving deep while also being able to see the big picture. We are re-engineering our virtual networking control plane as part of Amazon's initiative to get EC2 performance to be as close as possible to that of bare metal. This would involve being part of the team that owns building, scaling, and maintaining high performance software to streamline the management of millions of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) configurations.
If you are a Software Engineer with a strong coding background and a passion for distributed systems, then this is your opportunity to own major deliverables and all aspects of the development cycle: scoping, design, implementation, and testing. You will be encouraged to exercise your judgment in proactively determining and recommending the best features, designs, and support models based on business objectives, timelines, and resource constraints.
What makes this team a great place to work?
• Core VPC Team - Our services underpin the fabric of the EC2 cloud. You have the opportunity to make a large impact and drive the road map for the Amazon cloud
• Build from the Ground up - You will have the opportunity to build new cloud services from the ground up for emerging blue ocean initiatives
• Direct Customer Contact The Amazon way is to maintain and enhance what you build. This gives you the opportunity to work directly with customers to understand and guide their needs
• Scale New Heights - With cloud adoption accelerating, we are challenged with fun, complex problems to think about scale and grow the service to meet ever increasing demands
Here are few links which talk more about the space:
Evolution of Amazon EC2 virtualization
Here are the problems we are trying to solve in the VPC world
Want to know the fundamentals of EC2 VPC?
Inclusive Team Culture Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work/Life Balance Our team puts a high value on
home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
• Experience with Linux networking stack and TCP/IP protocols
• Understanding of operating systems
• Experience with enterprise scale distributed systems
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• Scripting (Perl Ruby/Python/Shell script)
• Passion for great customer experience and quality
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top