- Windhof, Luxembourg
THIS IS A FIXED TERM CONTRACT OF 18 MONTHS (parental leave).
Are you looking for a challenge? Come join us in building Amazon's next generation transportation and logistics platform. Amazon's global fulfillment is one of the most sophisticated, large scale transportation and logistics networks in the world - and we need your help building the next generation network into the future.
As a software development engineer on our team, you'll be responsible for designing, developing and operating large scale, low latency systems that track, monitor, and control Amazon's logistics networks with the highest engineering and operational excellence. Responsibilities include:
• Working with customers and product managers to define customer requirements
• Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
• Design new systems and extensions to existing systems
• Develop new services, features, and workflows
• Participate in design reviews and consult with engineering peers
• Deploy and operate software services to drive business operations
• Mentor, coach, and develop junior engineers' skillsets
The ideal candidate has the experience building full-stack, customer oriented technology products ranging from big-data backend services to user-friendly and low latency front-end web applications. Candidates with experience developing or leveraging data-driven algorithms will have a focused environment to hone their craft.
Amazon is looking for innovative solutions from the world's brightest minds. Join us in making a difference with every package delivered to customers.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• Bachelors in Computer Science or Equivalent
• 3-6 years professional development experience
• Proficient with SQL, relational databases, and NoSQL solutions
• Proficiency in Java, git, and related toolsets
• Knowledge or experience in distributed systems
• Object oriented software design experience
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science
• Experience in Supply Chain or Delivery Logistics
• Direct experience with AWS Services
• Deep experience in distributed systems / SOA design
• Experience and comfort with Agile Scrum
Back to top