At Alexa Shopping, we strive to enable shopping in everyday life.
We allow customers to instantly order whatever they need, by simply interacting with their Smart Devices such as Echo or Fire TV. Our Services allow you to shop, no matter where you are or what you are doing, you can go from 'I want that' to 'that's on the way' in a matter of seconds. We are seeking the industry's best to help us create new ways to interact, search and shop. Join us, and you'll be taking part in changing the future of everyday life.
The Alexa Shopping group is seeking talented and experienced engineers to design and develop Natural User Interface (NUI) shopping experiences and algorithms.
You'll have the freedom (and encouragement) to experiment, improve, invent, and innovate on behalf of our customers. You will have an impact on Amazon's new devices and the way shopping is done in the area of IoT. And finally you will have the satisfaction of being able to look back and say you were a key contributor to something special from its earliest stages.
• 10+ years of software development experience in object-oriented design and coding in Java or C# or related technologies
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience managing software engineering teams
• Proven leadership skills and teamwork skills
• Experience guiding and mentoring software development engineers
• Strong design, architecture, and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
• Degree in math, computer science, engineering, or equivalent work experience
• Has taken a v1 product from inception to customer delivery
• MS.c in math, computer science, engineering
• NLP/ML/IR/Search /recommendation experience
• Strong product skills