The Amazon shopping app is the #1 shopping app in the world and delights hundreds of millions of customers worldwide. 2,000+ developers from 100+ Amazon teams deliver bar raising customer experiences in the shopping app leveraging a range of technologies from ReactNative, native mobile development, HTML and more, all built on the Mobile Shopping Foundation.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will design software and test automation solutions for complex, ambiguous scenarios. You will drive automation and process improvements, and expand your influence by working across organizational boundaries, and delivering projects with high impact. You will influence other SDETs, QAEs, SDEs and leadership across Amazon to develop and build upon a strong quality-focused mindset.
Our SDE-Ts think deeply about how measure and improve the confidence we have in our software while minimizing costs. SDE-Ts understand the architecture of our software and design test solutions that test the right things at the right time in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to catch defects at the earliest opportunty. Our SDE-Ts are skilled software engineers who are passionate about quality. SDE-Ts empathize with developers who want to build and test the right things, but sometimes lack the tools, skills, and expertise to develop testable software from the start along with world class solutions to build confidence in their software throughout its life cycle.
• Build test solutions and test automation to accurately measure and thoroughly validate the quality of our software
• Discover, bring visibility to, prioritize, and deliver projects that solve quality problems for Amazon shopping apps
• Build tools and guardrails to set a minimum quality bar while teams innovate fearlessly
• Responsible for working with business and development teams to understand product vision and requirements
• 4+ years coding experience in Java, C++, or similar languages.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related major) - or - 4+ years industry experience delivering software
• Test solution delivery experience requiring a deep understanding of architecture, SDLC, and computer science fundamentals like algorithms, data structures, and design patterns.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Experience with agile methodologies
• Experience developing test solutions for distributed mobile apps
• Experience with common modern testing frameworks like XCUITest and Appium
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us