Software Develoment Engineer II, Treasury Technology
- Seattle, WA
The Treasury Technology team has an opportunity to be part of something big! Come work with the Treasury and Risk Management teams, our expanding technology organization of Product Managers, TPM's, and Engineers to support automation and build scale into our systems and processes. Our team builds productivity tools in lieu of hiring additional operational headcount.
This role will join a new team tasked with building out a full-service portal matching employees with volunteering positions. This portal will help scale a program that has already donated over 1MM hours to non-profits to date. Amazon Community Together (ACT) pairs employees with local and national non-profit organization's based on community needs. ACT partners with more than 750 non-profits, supporting over 145 Amazon locations across 31 states and is focused on an aggressive geographic and use case expansion. The program requires automation to support this growth acceleration. The portal will also integrate directly with our Risk Management Information System (RMIS), safety data system, and more, and will require multiple integration points such as APIs and SFTPs.
This is an exciting opportunity for an engineer to play an integral role in enhancing the company's efficiency and operating decisions, and to become a key member of the Treasury organization. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance solutions requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. A successful candidate will be able to work from architectural design to implementation. The ability to deal with ambiguity and to learn new concepts quickly is a must.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 4+ years of hands on experience in software development, including design, implementation, debugging, and support.
• Intermediate or better AWS skills to bring up infrastructure from scratch that constitutes the Full Stack role.
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
• Experience building Full-Stack Multi-tenant SAAS applications.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Results oriented and analytical, with a strong customer and business focus.
• Highly innovative, self-directed and able to deal well with ambiguous problems.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top