Software Dev Manager, WWRO Data Tools
- Dallas, TX
AWS is seeking an extraordinary Software Development Manager to lead the WWRO Data Tools team.
The WWRO Data Platform organization provides foundational and centralized data platform for Amazon AWS (Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Customer Service, and Professional Services) to identify business insights for better understanding of our customers. Our teams take on some of the hardest scalability, performance, and distributed computing challenges the world. We process big data and provide tools for customers to interactively understand the copious amounts of data we store.
You should have deep expertise in software development to architect, design, and build tools for the data engineering teams and for end users that consume data from our data platform. You should have excellent business and interpersonal skills to be able to work with business owners to understand requirements. You should be an authority at crafting, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low cost solutions to flow data from production systems into the data platform data stores. Above all you should be passionate about working with huge data sets.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentor-ship.
• Experience managing high performing software development team, building processes, project management, and release schedules
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 8+ years of relevant engineering experience, plus 5+ years of software management experience, with at least a few of those managing managers
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating
• Substantive hands-on experience building innovative, complex software
• Operational support and passion, with experience in establishing, measuring, and meeting service level agreements, improving the availability, performance, and quality of systems
• Master's degree in Computer Science
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Experience with scaling and performance of large tier-1 systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
Back to top