Software Dev Manager - PV Android Player SDK
- Arlington, VA
Prime Video (PV) is changing the way millions of customers consume and interact with video content. Amazon believes so deeply in the mission of streaming Video that we've launched our own studio to create original and exclusive content and engaged with the top professional sports leagues around the world like the NFL and the Premier League to deliver compelling live content to Prime members. Are you interested in shaping the future of playback of Prime Video on Android devices? Would like to make our playback stack as part of the Fire OS Platform, which can be shared with other applications?
We are seeking a talented Engineering Leader for Android Player SDK and Tooling team, which owns how we platformize our player stack on Android and enable our partners to onboard video capability. IMDb is first of our many customers and we are just getting started. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact both the customer and partner experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting-edge products that will be used every day by people you know, and influence industry and industry standards.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions, customer-centric products, and utilizing agile development processes. You will look at problems holistically, beyond the borders of your team, and thrive on solutions that require thinking at multiple levels, from strategic to business tactical to system goals to specific interfaces. You don't shrink from the spotlight, able to coordinate cross-org meetings, field difficult questions, and create positive collaborative outcomes. You are adept at reading code and writing documents for an executive audience. You ensure solutions are reliable, scalable, and secure.
What you'll do:
• Manage and grow a team of software engineers, including their projects, performance, and career growth
• Clearly communicate project roadmaps with your team, management, and principal stakeholders
• Work with peer managers to determine scope and estimate development effort
• Lead systems design, architecture, and scaling discussions
• Influence and adopt industry standards
• Argue for the right outcomes with data, conviction, and diplomacy
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• MS/BS in Computer Science or a related degree
• Experience and knowledge of Android OS and mobile development is a plus
• Experience and knowledge of media container and codec formats, streaming protocols is a plus.
Back to top