Software Dev Manager
Amazon Marketplace drives the Selling On Amazon business and develops solutions that enable millions of sellers around the world to sell on Amazon's Marketplaces. One third of shipments for Amazon customers are generated from this business. Sellers on Amazon vary from individuals, who manually manage their businesses, to high-volume enterprises with IT staff that wish to develop real-time machine-to-machine software integration between their backend systems and Amazon. The Merchant Shipping Intelligence team is focused on building a technology platform that will support these individuals and high-volume enterprises to manage all of their shipping needs. The systems, applications and APIs that support Sellers on Amazon that the team builds operate at massive scale, must be highly available, and work on increasingly diverse and distributed devices securely. We strive to bring intelligence to the massive amount of data at our disposal to make managing shipping as easy as possible for these sellers.
Our rapidly growing team offers great opportunities for results-oriented individuals who know how to identify market needs and opportunities, define product objectives and plans, are focused on excellent customer experiences, and are experienced in driving functional specifications through the development process. This is your opportunity to make a big impact on the satisfaction of our sellers and the performance of our business.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of products. A successful candidate will have Strong business and technical vision, an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, solid analysis skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Thorough knowledge and appreciation of Computer Science fundamentals including data structures and algorithms
- At least 8 years of industry experience in building scalable, highly available online services as well as front end technology.
- Additionally, at least 3 years of experience in leading software development team.
- A deep understanding to object-oriented design and programming
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, unit testing and functional testing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Mandarin and English
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top