Software Dev Manager- AWS Internet of Things (IoT)
Manager in Tools and Services – AWS Internet of Things (IoT) Team
The AWS Internet of Things (IoT) Ubiquitous Computing project is a new initiative in Amazon and we're pulling together a fantastic team to achieve our mission. We believe we will be at the hub of enabling the next wave of innovation in technology. If you are fascinated by the endless possibilities unlocked when embedding technology into physical things and when bridging cloud power with local compute – from smart building, wearables, medical devices, automobile, intelligent industrial automation and more, we have the right role for you.
IoT refers to a system of physical devices, from cars, light bulbs, sensor grids and more, that connect to the Internet. There will be 50 billion connected devices in 2020 if current trends continue, and any device that consumes electricity can become connected.
We are looking for an innovative engineering leader to own, build and grow teams that will build self-qualification service for 3rd party to use, as well as build tools and frameworks to qualify all support Ubiquitous computing platforms for devices, and support customer issues and escalations. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the potential of Ubiquitous computing and cloud computing, and about building simple and elegant software solutions and customer-centric products. This leader has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly. The candidate is a leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong team. The candidate is passionate to hire and develop great people, is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business, is strong results orientation, and thinking big. A high level of ownership and accountability is a must.
- Continue to build an effective development organization by driving the recruiting and hiring of senior level engineers, developing and managing the group.
- Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts to release high quality self service product for 3rd party
- Build and manage automation tools and frameworks both for feature test, end to end test and performance test. Design, develop, and maintain release and qualification processes that align with business requirements. Build and manage internal (and external) customer support tools.
- Software release management
- Develop the vision, goals, priorities and work alongside the team to accomplish them. Ensure high-quality customer service and ongoing technical skill development.
- Partner with other Software Engineering teams to manage production incidents in real time, with emphasis on timely and through problem identification and customer communication. Support (and re-produce) issues escalated from customers.
- Interact directly with customers: resolve high-profile escalations and issues, improve the customer experience and drive initiatives that increase their likelihood of success on our platform.
Amazon.com offers a demanding, exciting and rewarding experience, with opportunities to work with the world's best computer scientists on some of the most interesting problems.
You'll also have the opportunity to work across a range of technologies in cloud computing area and fog computing area.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8 years of experience building a technical, customer-facing and quality oriented team.
- Experience troubleshooting and diagnosing issues in distributed systems and/or devices, Linux or Windows or Android.
- Work experience delivering one or more V1 products, ideally in a startup or similar setting
- Experience in one or more specific IoT / M2M industry (i.e. business automation, health, asset tracking, smart utilities, etc.) is a plus
- Experience in device/server configuration and provision is a plus
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top