Security is the #1 concern for customers moving to the cloud, and AWS is dedicated to providing security features our customers need, at scale.
AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) enables customers to secure their workloads in the cloud by providing authentication and authorization mechanisms to all of AWS. We enable our customers to manage their credentials and access policies in the AWS cloud. We operate some of the largest distributed systems in the world, processing millions of transactions per second world-wide.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
We are looking for a strong Engineering Manager to build and lead a talented team responsible for adding customer-facing features and bringing creative solutions to building strong but comprehensible security systems. Individuals interested in this position should have experience in building and operating high-performing, reliable services at internet scale, as well as software engineering leadership skills to manage and grow a very talented engineering organization.
• Defining and delivering on long-term product strategy for AWS Identity and Access Management services.
• Operational ownership of low-latency, high-availability Authentication and Authorization services used by all of AWS globally.
• Recruiting, hiring, mentoring, coaching, retaining and performance management for a best-in-class engineering team.
• Communicating development, quality, operations, and system performance to senior leadership.
• Ownership and continuous improvement of all operational metrics and automation tools for your team's software.
• Executing against project plans and delivery commitments; Managing day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Master's/Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or engineering
• Proven skills designing and developing simple solutions to complex, customer challenges.
• 5+ years' experience developing software
• 3+ years' experience managing software development teams
• Experience leading and developing highly-skilled software engineering teams
• Experience forming teams and recruiting software engineers and managers
• Good understanding of various platforms and technologies (AWS, Java, Python, C#, Ruby)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Experience with AWS technologies
• Practical experience with software engineering best practices
• Proven track record building high-functioning software development teams
• Proven track record operating internet-scale low-latency services and client components
• Experience with mission-critical service-oriented software systems
• Experience with Identity, Authentication and Authorization services is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.