Do you want to define the future of Internet commerce?
Are you a top-notch software engineer with a creative flare, strong problem-solving skills, the drive to build and ship products often, a solid computer science foundation, and the desire to build Amazon's next generation Internet-facing technology? Come talk with us about joining our team to expand Internet commerce.
Is your next project defining a world class Internet service?
With us, you will be building cutting-edge applications and services in an environment of highly distributed systems used by millions of sellers. Your innovation could provide new functionality for sellers, deploy new web standards, or expand Amazon's web services with the goal of making it as easy for anyone to sell on Amazon as it is to buy from Amazon.
Are you ready to create systems to expand one of the world's largest e-commerce engines?
If so, come be a member of Amazon's Selling Partner Service Technologies team. Our software engineers design and build world-class software solutions for millions of sellers from around the globe to sell on Amazon.com. Your work will be powering the Amazon online selling services in many countries and continents.
Can you work at the scale of the biggest Internet companies?
The solutions that you will deploy must scale to accommodate rapid processing and integration with large enterprise customers. However, to add to the challenge, the solutions must also support intuitive world class UI for your neighbor to sell extra books, video games, photography equipment, and the largest selection of possible products that can be found anywhere.
Bought something on Amazon lately?
Selling on Amazon is one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.com with about one-third of all items currently sold originating from sellers. Have you ever noticed the "See more buying choices" or "New & Used offers" while you're shopping on Amazon? Maybe you've sold an old textbook or extra movie yourself. The Selling Partner Service Technologies team owns services that enable that functionality and more.
Amazon is a premier place to build, deploy and operate Internet-scale services.
Join our development team to work hard, have fun and make history. You will join a highly technical and entrepreneurial culture defining and building a selling experience to complement Amazon's world-class websites.
Successful candidates must also be innovative, flexible, self-directed, and able to design and write high-performance, reliable, maintainable code. The ability to function at a very high level in a fast paced environment along with a team of very talented engineers is essential. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment to deliver world class mission critical systems, this may be the career opportunity for you!
Participate in the design, development, implementation, testing and documentation of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using [Java, Object Oriented Design and Distributed Programming].
Translate functional requirements into robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture.
Participate in the full development cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
Produce comprehensive, usable software documentation. Evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools. Mentor junior development engineers.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline with 5+ years of experience; or Bachelor's Degree with 12+ years of experience.
• 6+ years of experience leading a software development team through multiple product/platform releases.
• 2+ years of leading multiple teams and managers
• Track record of developing engineers through various career stages and building high-performance teams.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• Experienced in using an iterative process such as SCRUM to deliver engineering projects; experience in continuous improvement to development process.
• Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
• Experience taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operational excellence
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software dev managers