Software Dev manager
The Transactional Services team builds some of the most foundational distributed systems that underpin and power many of the large AWS services and several of the most critical components of the Amazon.com retail platform. We specialize in building high performance, highly available data systems that provide strong transactional guarantees at very high scale.
We are seeking a strong Software Dev Manager to lead a team of engineers that owns and builds the data plane for our core transactional data engine.
In this role you will be responsible for building, evolving and operating a high performance, highly available distributed data service that runs at massive scale and powers a wide range of critical systems and services. You will need to define the long term technical strategy and direction for the service, evolve the algorithms that underpin our replication and failure detection technologies, and drive improvements in throughput and performance.
The domain is deeply technical, both from a distributed systems and performance perspective, and will give you ample room to flex your technical muscle.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Defining the roadmap and direction of the team.
- Evolving the technical direction of the service.
- Delivering quality features on-time and on-budget and executing against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Ensuring the correct operation of the services that your team owns.
- Working with your team members to manage the day-to-day development activities.
- Career development of engineers on your team.
- Hiring engineers for your team.
- Working closely with customers to ensure that the right products are delivered.
- Maintaining current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work with the team in bringing in new technologies.
In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com
- Strong people management skills.
- Strong technical skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 5+ years experience managing software development teams.
- Experience with designing and building large scale systems
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, asynchronous architectures and distributed algorithms
- Strong track record of defining and executing on complex projects
- Strong track record of hiring great engineers
- Experience leading teams using multiple languages
- Excellent problem solving skills; ability to simplify and innovate
- Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate, be both highly motivated and motivating
- Proven results oriented person with a bias to action
- Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science with emphasis on distributed systems or databases is a plus.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top