Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud ("Cloud Computing"). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
Developers all over the world rely on our storage, compute, and virtualized services. Our success depends on our world-class selling and field teams, and these teams rely on the Worldwide Revenue Operations (WWRO) team to power their activities. We're handling massive scale, providing data that drives the AWS business internally, and delivering products and services to help our Amazon Web Service selling teams, marketing groups, and customers. We're looking for a Software Development Engineer to design and deliver solutions making it simpler for our field team to manage, maintain and operate at scale we should provide products and solutions that help give our talented selling and marketing teams "superpowers" that let them focus on the customer and helping them drive their business.
As a Software Development Engineer in the WWRO team, you'll have a unique opportunity to shape the development of our services and positively affect our customers through our talented field team. You'll be chartered with creating and operating services that collect and store metrics at internet scale, deliver critical capabilities to the field and embed operational knowledge and encode best practices into everything we do. In addition, as part of the broader AWS organization, you will have the opportunity to influence the broader cloud strategy for Amazon.
In your first few months with WWRO you'll:
• Design and deliver internet scalable, flexible, and integrated set of solutions for our selling team. This includes both first-party and third-party solutions.
• Create and manage application stacks across several domains including telemetry, analytics, planning, and performance management.
• Develop tools to accelerate contracting, speed planning cycles and operations, correlate metrics and set meaningful targets.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• 2+ years of professional software development experience.
• 1+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, Python, or C#
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field OR equivalent experience
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience with software development methodologies like Agile, Scrum, Kanban, or equivalent
• 4+ years of professional software development experience.
• 2+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, Python, or C# including object-oriented design.
• Advanced/Master's degree in or Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
• Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and navigate through ambiguity
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated to learn and improve knowledge and skills
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the bias of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.