Are you interested in helping Amazon make history and redefine the meaning of 'fast' in eCommerce? We are the Same Day Delivery Experience team and are in the early innings of reinventing the Amazon shopping experience to make Amazon the first place customers think to shop when they need something today, wherever they are in the world. We're looking for a Software Dev Engineer, Test for the Same Day Delivery Experience team to help ensure we have a compelling and friction-free 'delivery in hours' experience available to our customers, and help drive continuous innovation and improvement of the delivery experience across all phases of shopping, buying, and post purchase experience.
• Every single retail purchase placed on Amazon's retail websites uses our team's software.
• Our systems process hundreds of millions of transactions per day.
• Our team's work impacts millions of customers all over the world.
In this role, as a Software Development Engineer in Test on this team, you will be leading test automation and infrastructure development, test new design and architectural choices which have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers. You will be working directly with Developers, QA Engineers and Product Managers to ensure quality development and quality of our applications and platforms. We are working with exciting new technologies and solving complex automation problems across platforms. If you are creative, customer focused, have a passion for QA and test automation and enjoy working in a fast paced environment, this team is right for you.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment, on a team of smart software engineers, to design and build the right technical solutions to meet the needs of the business. You will have direct ownership over the design of new components aimed at improving the platform's extensibility, scalability, availability, and latency. We care about both delighting customers and high quality software; we don't sacrifice one for the other. We're looking for someone with a demonstrated track record of highly-scalable, global software solutions.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years professional experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
• Experience developing automation in at least one of OO languages - Java, C#/C++, Python or web based technologies
• Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
• Coding experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills