Software Dev Engineer - Test
Join a nascent team of builders and innovators that think outside the box. A team that uses Kanban to get process out of the way of development. That leverages AWS technologies to its fullest without being constrained by them. That uses Java, but also Ruby. That goes beyond Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). That's committed to a low operational burden by designing for it. That puts work-life balance, personal and professional growth as a principle, not a goal.
We are building an ecosystem of tools and services that ingest, transform and serve 3rd party video catalogs to the FireTV devices. Our charter is to drive the quality and availability of the data through highly performant, highly available systems, but also through analytics. For this, we gravitate towards a reactive model, microservices, REST, automation and Machine Learning.
The Fire TV Team is looking for experienced, results-oriented Software Development Engineers in Test who are capable of translating high-level, ambiguous business goals into working software solutions. We own the content integration services on all of our streaming media players, and are constantly experimenting and innovating to improve the customer experience. Successful candidates are creative engineers who take great pride in both the technical and business contribution of their work and are passionate about great software and ultimately a great customer experience.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. This role will be working on Fire TV services frameworks focusing on quality strategies and execution for cutting edge projects in this space.
You will need to be able to work efficiently and effectively in a fun, fast-paced dynamic team environment. As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will develop, execute and maintain software to test the product. You are expected to have industry-leading technical abilities that enable you to significantly improve product quality. You should have a combination of solid in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance, solid understanding of the operating system software, as well as knowledge of object oriented design principles. The test software you will build should expose API defects in production level code as well as defects at the component and feature integration prospective. You should command the skill to communicate clearly and effectively. Candidates will need to define test strategy, test suites, test cases as well as design tools for unit, functional, and performance testing in a programmatic manner.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
- Knowledge of QA methodology and industry-standard testing and bug tracking tools
- 3+ years of experience in software development and testing in Java, C++ or C#
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis
- Experience building and designing test cases including knowledge of test methodologies
- Experience with testing methodologies (Unit, Scrum)
- Experience with API automation testing including unit test automation frameworks
- Experience with Android, iOS or other mobile application development or testing
- Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment and utilizing virtual machines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top