Software Dev Engineer - Test
- Cupertino, CA
Do you enjoy solving very complex problems with simple solutions? Are you excited by a fast paced multi-tasked environment? Would you like to help us innovate on behalf of customers who use Amazon's devices like Alexa-enabled Echo or digital services like Amazon Music?
Amazon, along with being a retail and technology company, is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Echo, Kindle, and Fire families of products. We have worked to produce revolutionary smart speakers, best-selling tablets, e-readers that have revolutionized reading, and Fire TV, a tiny yet powerful way to watch the best movies and TV shows in the comfort of your living room. What will you help us create?
We are the Device, Digital and Alexa Support organization and we build the technologies to support our customers with technical customer service. Device diagnostics, automated troubleshooting, channel automations, and screen sharing capabilities are just a few of the unique technologies we produce.
You look at technology challenges as an opportunity and you love:
• Building continuous test and deployment systems.
• Helping define software engineering test best practices and providing technical mentorship to other members of the engineering team.
• Being a champion for the customer and ensuring their needs always come first.
• Designing and building software for testing applications on mobile devices, Alexa enabled devices, mobile clients and server systems.
You're an awesome fit if you demonstrate...
• Industry-leading technical abilities showcasing a breadth and depth of technical knowledge
• The ability to build good working relationships within the team by communicating clearly both verbally and in writing
• Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills with the ability to come up with creative solutions to seemingly impossible problems
• Effective technical leadership skills to improve technologies and infrastructure of the team.
• BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
• Minimum 2+ years professional experience in software test engineering.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C++, C#.
• Experience building software test systems that have been successfully deployed in support of continuous development / deployment and release readiness.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Familiarity in one or more of these- AWS, UI test automation, backend service test automation, device side test automation
• Ability to take a project from scoping testing requirements through actual launch readiness testing of the project.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and provide testing input to technical designs.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top