Amazon Selection and Catalog Systems (ASCS) builds the systems that host and run the world's largest e-Commerce products catalog. Within this organization the Classification data platform (CDP) team is seeking experienced Software development engineers to design and implement solutions in Product classification space.
We are an engineering team that accelerates scientist's ability to bootstrap, build, train machine learning models (DNN, BERT) by building systems that generate, organize , manage and store data for preparing ML classification models. In this position you will utilize various AWS services (including but limited to EMR, Glue, Athena, Redshift, S3, lambda, EC2 etc.) to build artifacts to scale ML models by mining structured and unstructured data from catalog, mine data from cross countries to help bootstrap models, extract image data etc to help build ML models. You will also develop KPIs to measure quality/performance of classification entities and build scalable systems to measure classification accuracy metrics at all entity levels (Product Type, Store, Product Line, Browse Node). This team owns building systems that measure and drive actions on performance of product metadata in the Catalog, building infrastructure for data processing at Amazon traffic scale, mining insights and drive KPIs to measure customer impact and drive decisions for Amazon Taxonomy.
As a Software Development Engineer on the team you will take ownership of gathering requirements, design, documentation, development, delivery of services, big data , machine learning(ML) solutions built natively in AWS. You will build systems for big data ingestion, normalization, validation, storage, analytics, machine learning pipelines to name a few while having access to senior engineers when needed. A SDE will work alongside with Applied Scientists developing ways to scale model.
A successful Software Development Engineer will have a broad array of experiences, exceptional design skills, previous experience working of large scale distributed systems, an excellent ability to solve problems, good communication skills and a desire to be a key technical contributor. The software you will be responsible for will require a breadth of technical development knowledge (i.e. big data, orchestration software, analytics, etc.). ML experience would be valuable but not mandatory; scaling and solving problems is the key skill sets for a successful SDE in the team.Your primary stakeholders will be cross team engineers, scientists, Taxonomists and Ontologists and managers.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
Master's degree in Computer Science or PhD preferred in Mathematics, Computer Science, or related discipline
• 5+ years relevant professional development experience, preferably in a UNIX environment
• Deep understanding of distributed and service-oriented architectures; delivered large scale commercial enterprise software systems or online services
• 2+ years of experience with big data processing technologies like Hadoop, Spark, EMR (Amazon Elastic Map Reduce), Data Warehousing systems, Cloud Computing and AWS technologies
• Knowledge in Machine Learning, natural language processing, data mining, or information extraction
• Expertise in software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including requirements gathering, design, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to communicate effectively with users, technical teams, and management
• Experience in delivering systems at scale similar to Amazon
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.