Software Dev Engineer in Test
How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a team that is tasked with solving a huge business problem through innovative technology? Would you like to know more about how computer vision and machine learning can be used to solve these problems? If this sounds intriguing, then we'd like to talk to you about a role on a new Amazon team within the Amazon Devices organization (Fire Tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo) that's tackling a set of problems requiring significant innovation.
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Engineers in Test to join our fast paced, start-up like environment to help invent the future.
As a SDET on this team, you will be leading test automation and infrastructure development, test new design and architectural choices which have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers. You will be working directly with Developers, UX Designers, Product Managers, and TPMs to ensure quality development and quality of our applications and platforms.
The ideal candidate will have industry-leading technical abilities and excellent communication skills. This person should have a combination of in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance, solid understanding of the mobile application software, and knowledge of object oriented design principles. The test software you build should expose defects in hardware, services, and application code as well as defects at component and feature integration levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience as a developer, QA Engineer, or as an SDET
- 3+ years of experience in Java or C development, or white box testing
- 3+ years of experience in C++, Python, Shell, or Java
- 3+ years of experience to programmatically test the product, measure test coverage, develop the best automation, drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Deep understanding on Android or IOS operating system highly desired
- Experience with open source test tools
- API automation testing including working experience with unit test automation frameworks
- Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams and ability to multi-task on multiple products and projects
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience building test frameworks for creating applications on various platforms
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top