Software Dev Engineer II-TEST
- United States
Over the next several years, education and learning are going to change fundamentally, and Amazon will play a significant part in this change. Amazon is investing in new products for learning and is looking for a Software Development Engineer Test to play a leadership role in a critical program. You will lead and drive key design decisions, developing, and scaling a new test framework for testing educational products used by developers and consumers.
As a Software Development Engineer II Test (SDET) for Learning Science, you will be responsible for developing the automated test framework from scratch for both backend and frontend components. You will independently make decisions on the tools for the framework by analyzing options already in use by other teams in Amazon, open source and building our own. You will work together with Product Managers to make sure the features are ready for implementation and identify all scenarios our customers will be affected by the proposed change. You will collaborate closely with other software developers, data engineers, data scientists, and learning scientists in an agile environment. You will be responsible for developing robust automated test suite to help us achieve continuous deployment.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field and 5+ years relevant work experience (as a Software Development Engineer in Test)
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience developing automation in at least one of OO languages - Java, C#/C++, Python or web based technologies
• Expert in software quality and testing methodologies, test automation tools, schedulers, frameworks, and harnesses.
• Experience with testing methodologies for server class services, including latency and load testing, as well as designing and implementing test cases, running cases on distributed systems, and reporting on quality
• Keen analytical skills and excellent problem solving.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Natural curiosity and hunger to learn
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role
• Coding experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, and services
• Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Back to top