AWS RDS has several open positions in teams developing and operating the RDS MySQL and RDS MariaDB services. We are currently looking for software developers with experience maintaining and developing Linux-based systems.
As part of AWS you will be in among the pioneers of cloud computing and working RDS you will participate in operating and developing the worlds most popular database-as-a-service offering. The work is demanding but also very rewarding and offers many opportunities for growth and possibility to work with world-class talent in the field of databases.
The primary location is in Vancouver. The compensation is above industry average and include a stock program so staff members can benefit of also being owners. Benefits offered cover among others worldwide relocation costs and professional support for immigration procedures.
Work includes participating in open source projects and there is a special emphasis on strong written communications culture and attention to detail and quality that includes both company-internal and public scrutiny. The working language is English, which candidates are expected to be moderate to fluent in verbally and fluent to very strong in writing.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 2+ years of experience in C/C++ development specifically
• General knowledge about the Linux (e.g. security features, namespaces, filesystems and networking)
• Linux distributions and their most common tools and procedures (e.g. systemd, logrotate, cron)
• Application development and deployment (e.g. RPM/DEB packaging) in the Linux ecosystem
• Good communication skills in a diverse and fast paced environment
• MariaDB/MySQL databases, including designing schemas, operating production systems and debugging failures or slowness issues
• Proven skills in participating in open source projects with successful outcomes such as filing high quality bug reports, researching issues or submitting code for upstream inclusion
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
#rds #mysql #mariadb #opensource