The End User Computing market is growing at an incredible pace with a rapid increase in adoption and growth. Within End User Computing, AWS AppStream provides a fully managed Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS) solution that enables end users to access applications and desktops from anywhere on any device while data remains secure. We are looking to revolutionize End User Computing space by launching multiple new initiatives this year.
We offer a unique opportunity to solve some of the most interesting problems associated with providing secure, reliable, fast and highly scalable solutions. In the process you will have the opportunity to work on a number of industry leading AWS services including EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Step Functions, Lambda and SWF. You will also have the opportunity to own and shape the growth of multiple new components and features, thus providing you the opportunity to accelerate your learning and career growth while continuing to work on exciting technologies.
As a developer on our team, you'll own code end-to-end from design to development, and work closely with senior technical leaders within the team and across AWS. You'll have a sound understanding of computer science fundamentals and practical industry experience, working across the stack with technology involving distributed systems, modern web, SOA, DaaS, NoSQL databases, OS and more.
This team is a great fit for you if
• You enjoy working with a fun team that prides itself on a great work environment with an inclusive group of people that are working together towards a common goal.
• You are sensitive to customer needs and interested in working on a service that will be used, directly and indirectly, by millions of customers and has a meaningful impact to their functions and interactions.
• You'd like to be directly responsible for solving real customer problems.
• You are a passionate learner and are motivated to take on new challenges.
• You want to have fun; surround yourself with a highly talented pool of engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also enjoy work life balance.
Learn more about AppStream: https://aws.amazon.com/appstream2/
• Amazon Luna (Cloud game streaming service): https://www.amazon.com/luna
• The LEGO Group: https://medium.com/lego-engineering/streaming-applications-using-aws-appstream-2-0-79e314769c8e
• Our customer references: https://aws.amazon.com/appstream2/customers/
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee -led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Master's degree or PHD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• Strong Computer Science and development fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
• 10+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer.
• Demonstrated proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Python, C++, C.
• Experience serving as technical lead throughout the full software development life cycle, end-to-end, from scoping, planning, conception, design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end software systems and all points in between.
• Experience driving the architecture, engineering and software design of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, databases, tools, systems, and services using service-oriented architecture, object-oriented design and distributed programming.
• Experience with machine learning, data mining, and/or statistical analysis tools and software such as Familiarity with professional software engineering & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers or software developers in all aspects of their engineering duties.
• Experience and/or a strong interest in machine learning software systems and big data software systems.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .