Global Customer Fulfillment (GCF) Amazon Customer Excellence Systems (ACES) supports Consumer Fulfillment by managing cross functional projects that address complex changes with elegant solutions through partnership with tech teams. Quantitative Business Intelligence Tools (QuBIT) is the technical team within GCF ACES that creates and supports a wide scope of tools and solutions to fill gaps in data visibility, create investigative value, and drive throughput improvement, as well as defect reduction. Within QuBIT we are constantly innovating in the ways we create platforms that our customers can leverage to achieve the core mission of our GCF ACES organization. We develop software and technical solutions to interface with a variety of different customers including our front line warehouse operators, other organization's technical teams within Amazon, and senior corporate leadership. We utilize OO programming languages, DynamoDB, Kinesis, SNS, Lambda, and other AWS technologies that solve our challenges, ranging from scaling for massive Amazon order volume to offering our software as a platform for other tech teams to leverage.
Our team is looking for topnotch software engineers who love listening to our customers, working as a team, and proactively taking the lead whenever necessary. Our mission is to innovate and build scalable, robust software solutions that deliver a great customer experience. These software solutions will directly impact Amazon's customers across the globe by deploying to thousands of buildings within the supply chain we support. Our large breadth in scope (end to end coverage of Amazon's Supply Chain including receiving inventory, to delivering customer products, to even handling customer returns) allows for an extremely large scale (thousands of warehouses, hundreds of thousands of internal customers, millions of external customers), and ultimately a huge space to influence and improve processes within. Our current tools support this scope and scale and our future ones will need to as well! You will be responsible for ensuring that our software is up to the task of meeting this large scale and scope and should be enthusiastic about highly robust and extensible solutions. This role will have high growth potential, our team has grown 1000% over the last 4 years, we're looking for a candidate that can grow with, and help further grow our team!
What you'll do
• Participate in the design, implementation, and deployment of successful internet-scale systems and services in support of our fulfillment operations and the business they support
• Participate in the definition of secure, scalable, and low-latency services
• Work with cross-functional teams delivering on demanding projects
• Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions
• Understand system inter-dependencies and limitations
• Share knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices
• As an experienced SDE, you will provide hands on mentoring to other software engineers
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C#, including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design of new and current systems
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional experience
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
• Obsession with quality and customer experience attention to detail coupled with the ability to think abstractly
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Background in distributed computing, service-oriented architecture, and enterprise-wide software.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective software engineers.
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team.
• Full stack experience, ranging from front-end user interfaces through back-end systems and all points in between.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us