Software Dev Engineer II - Test
Are you an SDET or quality-minded SDE who's up for a challenge? Have we got a deal for you!
People Technology systems are the lifeblood of Amazon employment. We gather and pump employee data to and from myriad services and sources, data that must flow seamlessly to support hundreds of thousands of Amazon workers around the globe. We integrate HR, Payroll, Recruiting, and Timekeeping, interfacing with over two hundred systems.
As Amazon expands and grows, People Tech systems are getting more complex; consistent quality is essential. The SDET we're hiring will tackle and solve problems of optimization, performance, and scalability. Technologies we're testing range from 3rd-party ERP to middleware to front-end UI.
We're looking for SDETs who are hungry to build things from scratch, who can bring next-generation test automation technologies into a fresh new space. We're looking to move fast; our SDETs will implement test frameworks and pipelines, then train up Dev teams in their care and maintenance so that continuous quality can be self-sustaining. SDETs will implement automatic data collection for use in live quality dashboards. Want a challenge where you can Think Big? You'll be able to engage with multiple internal teams on collaborative automation solutions, helping People Tech drive toward seamless, trustworthy employee data integrations. Be a key part of delivering a great user experience to Amazon employees and recruiters all over the globe.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Project test plan creation and execution.
- Gathering and reporting relevant and actionable metrics.
- Enforcing, auditing, and streamlining software test and delivery processes.
- Collaborating with dev teams and your team peers to identify and prioritize opportunities for automation.
- When you're ready, start mentoring junior engineers so they can become as good as you are.
Sound exciting? It is. Apply today.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 2+ year relevant work experience
- Demonstrated strong coding and design proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C# or C++
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication
The following skills and experience are helpful, but not required:
- Experience with source control / configuration management tools (e.g. Git)
- Experience developing software using IDE in a Linux environment
- Experience designing and developing automation test frameworks and tools in Java or C#/C++, or equivalent experience
- Experience with standard QA tools and practices, such as functional API testing, integration testing, and UI functionality and usability testing, with a passion for automation
- Experience testing in a service-oriented architecture
- Familiarity with Java unit-testing frameworks
- Competency in SQL
Development or testing expertise in one or more of the following third-party applications are helpful, but not required:
- PeopleSoft (including Stat change management)
- Kronos time and labor systems integration
- Workday HRM
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top