Software Dev Engineer II - Specialized Buying
Inventory Planning and Control (IPC) owns Amazon's global inventory planning systems: we decide what, when, where, and how much we should buy to meet Amazon's business goals and to make our customers happy. We do this for millions of items, for hundreds of product lines worth billions of dollars of inventory world-wide. Our systems are built entirely in-house, and are on the cutting edge in automated large scale supply chain planning and optimization systems. IPC fosters new game-changing ideas that we are continuously improving, resulting in sophisticated, intelligent and self-learning models. IPC is unique in that we're simultaneously developing the science of supply chain planning and solving some of the toughest computational challenges at Amazon. Unlike many companies who buy existing off-the-shelf planning systems, IPC is responsible for studying, designing, and building systems to suit Amazon's needs.
Our New York City office creates and develops innovative solutions for the most challenging use cases confronting IPC today. We're looking for exceptional software engineers who thrive on delivering mission critical systems, love to deal with complex problems and enjoy operating at scales only available at Amazon. Here, you can take your skills to a new level as you work with the most cutting-edge technologies in order to deliver solutions that will positively impact all Amazon customers.
This opportunity is perfect for highly motivated and talented software engineers who want to apply and grow their technical depth and breadth while defining and driving key aspects of the customer experience on Amazon.com.
To learn more, watch this amazing video about Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) at Amazon: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of professional experience in software development
- Proficiency on Object-Oriented design, data structures, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Proficiency with, at least, one Object Oriented programming language, such as Java, C# or C++
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- 4+ years of Objected-Oriented programming language
- 4+ years of experience with SQL
- Hands-on Experience with Service-Oriented Architecture and Web Services
- Experience with both front (web) and backend developments
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top