Software Dev Engineer II - Personalization
- Seattle, WA
Take Earth's most customer-centric company. Mix in hundreds of millions of shoppers spending tens of billions of dollars annually, an exciting opportunity to build next-generation shopping experiences, Amazon's tremendous computational resources, and our extensive e-Commerce experience. What do you get? The most exciting Recommendations/Personalization position in the industry.
Are you passionate about working on disruptive ideas? Are you obsessed with finding and building the most innovative and customer-friendly user experiences? Have you built and launched new experiences that impact shoppers all around the world? This is a unique opportunity that combines the ability to build exciting, new user experiences for Amazon's customers, with the opportunity to work with Big Data, Machine Learning, and other advanced techniques to provide the best personalized experience for hundreds of millions of Amazon's customers.
You are a software engineer with an interest in modern user interfaces, data science, machine learning, search, or recommendation systems. You have great problem solving skills. You love keeping abreast of the latest technology and use it to help you innovate. You have strong leadership qualities, great judgment, clear communication skills, and a track record of delivering great products. You enjoy working hard, having fun, and making history!
About our organization:
Amazon's Personalization organization is a small, high-performing group that leverages Amazon's expertise in machine learning, big data, and distributed systems to deliver the best shopping experiences for our customers. We work full stack, from foundational backend systems to future-forward user interfaces. Our team's culture is centered on rapid prototyping, rigorous experimentation, and data-driven decision-making. We run hundreds of experiments each year and our work has revolutionized e-commerce with features such as "Customers Who Bought Also Bought" and "Recommended for You". We care deeply about our customers, as well as the well-being and growth of our team members. Amazon's internal surveys regularly recognize us as one of the best engineering organizations to work for in the company, with visible high-impact work, low operational load, respectful work-life balance, and continual opportunity to learn and grow. This is a track record we are proud of and will continue to uphold. We are looking for creative and innovative leaders with a similar penchant for deeply-technical problem solving and the ability to lead, mentor, and deliver while upholding Amazon's leadership principles.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related technical field; or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• A strong sense of curiosity and willingness to learn quickly, building knowledge and skills that this role requires.
• Experience with the Scrum methodology (or similar alternatives) for agile software development.
• Hands-on experience in cloud-based distributed software design and development, especially utilizing AWS services.
• Experience designing software architectures for scalability, reliability and performance.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top