Software Dev Engineer II - Identity User Experience and Console Team
- Vancouver, Canada
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides developers and their organizations with foundational web services and products that enable them to innovate faster and to operate their software more cost effectively. AWS Identity teams are building secure identity, authentication, authorization, and governance systems for the AWS Cloud. Identity is foundational for access management to services in the cloud, and the Identity User Experience and Console team focuses on making it easier for AWS customers to manage governance at scale. Our mission is to create extraordinary user interfaces that empower experienced developers and IT administrators to have fine-grained control over their environments and security, while being simple enough for less-technical users to ensure they are protecting their data and resources.
If you have a passion for how web applications should be built, are interested in upcoming web standards, and care about making it easier to secure data and applications of all different sizes and types, we'd love to talk to you!
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• • 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related field) or equivalent industry experience• 7+ years professional experience in software development
• Strong fundamentals in core Computer Science areas like Object Oriented Design, Data Structures and Algorithms
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C++, C#, Java, or Perl
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
• Familiarity with Linux
• Passion for creating efficient, scalable web interfaces
• Experience driving software projects, including design and implementation and delivery/deployment.
• Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. PHP, Ruby)
• Understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST
• Familiarity with security technology and concepts (Authentication, Authorization, Single sign-on, Cryptography, etc.)
• Genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies and building compelling web applications and UI
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Back to top