Software Dev Engineer II
- Chennai, India
Are you passionate about building Streaming Technology for Amazon? Do you want to solve complex problems in graphics pipeline for high speed streaming for our customers? If yes, join us on the Appstore Organization in Chennai. We're Streaming Technology Team part of Appstore in Chennai that are empowered and driven to build world class Streaming Experience to our customers. As a part of the Amazon.com group of companies, we benefit from the resources of a stable, forward-thinking Fortune 100 company coupled with the agility and independence of a start-up.
We're looking for a Software Development Engineer to help us execute on our vision by driving the technical decision making as well as deliverables for the Streaming Technology Team. You will be working with an unique and gifted team developing new, exciting, and cutting-edge products consisting of backend services, frontend UIs, apps, scalable algorithms, and prototypes. The team is a multidisciplinary group of engineers, scientists, and business people engaged in a fast-paced mission to deliver this new initiative.
In this role, you will:
• Help drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
• Utilize various metrics sources to deliver rapid iterations of software features.
• Solve difficult problems with elegant and practical code.
• Raise the bar on quality, consistency, maintainability, efficiency, security and all the other things that make great software great.
• Help define engineering best practices and provide technical mentorship to other members of the engineering team.
• Be responsible for designing, developing and deploying medium sized projects.
• Participate as an engineering leader in the larger group of Amazon.com companies.
• Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards, create functional and engaging features, and ensure their needs always come first.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
• Expertise in a modern programming language such as Java (preferred), Objective C or C++
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• 4+ years relevant work experience as a developer
• Experience designing & building highly trafficked, compelling user experiences
• Strong analytical thinker who knows how to pick the right tool for the right job
• Experience taking a lead role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Strong communication skills
• Proficient in a Unix/Linux environment
Back to top