Software Dev Engineer II
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's Checkout Application team is seeking a software development engineer with a passion for both high quality user experience(s) and engineering excellence to maintain customer facing innovation at an Amazon scale.
We offer you the opportunity to deliver and lead high visibility / impact innovation across the Amazon checkout pipeline. You will deliver customer facing innovation in the form of new feature launches, improvements / simplifications to existing systems, and large cross cutting re-designs. You must understand the importance of quality and testability in regards to the long term health and operational excellence of the Amazon eco system and you will be expected to drive improvements to current and future systems in these areas. You will contribute to non-functional aspects of the checkout pipeline in the form of latency, performance, and business investigations. You will learn and grow by working closely with senior engineers and business leadership across our organization.
The ideal candidate will have excellent technical design, problem solving, Computer Science fundamentals, and communication skills. The candidate should be comfortable interacting with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels. Lastly, the ability to work backwards and think from a customer perspective is crucial.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Experience in re-designing and improving large legacy code bases.
• Understanding of test driven development and the ability to identify useful vs useless tests.
• Strong deductive and root cause analysis skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top