Amazon Elastic Container Registry (Amazon ECR) is looking for a Software Development Engineer II (SDE) to help build and extend our container registry. ECR is at the heart of most containerized applications and workflows that run on AWS, so it has to be fast, scalable, and secure. As more companies switch to containers to improve their speed of delivery, they look to ECR for easy-to-use tools, and we continue to grow the ecosystem of SDLC tools and security features that our customers use on a daily basis. In addition, we are working on exciting technical problems such as how to dramatically reduce the time it takes to launch a container within AWS.
If you are someone who is passionate about building high quality services, delighting developers, and have a passion for customers and developer relations, this job is for you. You will be joining a team with the charter to make containers the new compute primitive and the first choice when architecting modern applications. You will have the chance to be a part of defining how developers use containers at scale.
To learn more about Amazon Elastic Container Registry, visit https://aws.amazon.com/ecr.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• A minimum of 3 years of software development experience
• MS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
• Technically sound in software development activities and life cycles.
• Experience with large scale distributed systems.
• Experience with containers and the broader container ecosystem.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
• Solid knowledge of Linux fundamentals.
• Internet and operating system security fundamentals.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us