Software Dev Engineer II
- Bellevue, WA
Amazon's new product, Amazon Flex, aims to delight customers by delivering millions of packages faster than ever before. We are expanding our service rapidly to new geographies and products from groceries to big-screen TVs in an increasingly complex network. We recently launched Prime Now, Amazon's newest benefit for Prime members who can now skip a trip to the store by shopping on the Prime Now app for products like paper towels, shampoo, books, toys and batteries with orders delivered right to their door in an hour or less. With Amazon Flex, individuals can now be their own boss, delivering ultra-fast Prime Now and Restaurant orders. Both Amazon Flex and and the experience of Prime Now are powered by the Amazon Flex App, which is available on iOS and Android. The Amazon Flex App works in concert with our advanced systems and technology. The Amazon Flex App and technology will allow the partner to onboard, schedule times in advance or on demand, guide them through their deliveries with in-app mapping and navigation, and more. You can find out more about Amazon Flex, our newest innovation, at flex.amazon.com. Come join the team and help us make history!
Our Technology group is responsible for designing and implementing software that makes the of these items possible in one hour or less. We are building software that predicts, plans, schedules, routes and executes on the speedy promise in a cost effective manner. You will learn about real-time adaptive solutions, routing algorithms and optimizations, operating on large scale datasets, mobile development and more. We are looking for talented SDEs to design and build these new systems. You will work on hard problems at scale and will have autonomy to deliver.
Our engineers are top-notch software developers who love listening to the customers, working as a team, and proactively taking the lead whenever necessary. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and delivering software solutions for the new program. In this role, you will have an opportunity to own design and development of various services. You will have influence on system design and help build a team culture around practices that are critical to a quality product.
Your work would be cross-functional, involving partnering with other teams in Amazon, including , fulfillment, research science, and finance teams to to apply optimization and machine learning to solve real-world problems. We are looking for someone with a go-getter attitude who is ready to own a problem and passionately drive successful implementation. We want someone who is a quick learner and ready to learn and adopt the latest techniques in computer science.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 6+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one object-oriented programming language such as C++, Java
• Experience working in an optimization space with the ability to apply research science models in production software.
• Experience using experimentation and data to solve logistical, physical-world problems.
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Deals well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Back to top