Private Brands is a highly visible, fast-growing business within Amazon. We have a unique business and obsess over quality and building global brands our customers love. We aspire to be part of our customers' everyday lives by offering them unique products at compelling prices backed by Amazon's strong customer obsessed reputation.
Role: We are looking for a SDE-2 to join the HPB tech team to work on Selection Insights program that is focused on building innovative solutions for Private Brands business team to identify potential products that our customers love. In this role, you will work on cutting edge technologies and deploy ML models to identify ground breaking customer insights that will help the business teams determine new product development opportunities and provide critical inputs on how to merchandise our rapidly expanding portfolio more effectively. This is a multi-functional role and involves as much creative product strategy as analytical rigor. Given the emerging nature of the program, there will be ample opportunities to step in and own large projects and drive major business outcomes.
Team: HPB Tech is singularly focused on creating innovative solutions for our Private Brands business that will delight our customers. HPB Tech team has a multitude of large and complex items on its charter, including creating a custom PLM solution for PB product development, building and powering personalized customer facing widgets on Amazon.com and identifying critical insights on products and customers' shopping behavior. You will be part of an established but growing team that is comprised of Applied Scientists, SDE's and BIEs. The Team is collaborative, keen on adopting new AWS products and is constantly looking for ways to deliver value to the customers.
What do we expect you to do?
You will leverage ML/NLP based models to do sophisticated analyses to derive intelligence, understand customer's expectations and identify the right products and customer segments to surface PB products. You will be working on the latest AWS technologies to build Ingestion pipelines, training models and data stores.
You will be part of a team of talented software development engineers who will contribute to our ambitious goals and our world-class engineering culture. We expect you to deliver meaningful results for customers while simultaneously investing in each team member's career and overall skill set. At Amazon, every engineer has the opportunity to positively impact millions of customers, and you will be called on to identify and realize these opportunities.
• 3+ years of full life cycle software development/engineering experience with Java, C# or C++ or a similar programming language
• High level knowledge base of data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design, databases and service-oriented architectures
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Strong working knowledge of designing, developing and maintaining highly-scaled distributed systems
• Strong working knowledge implementing and consuming large scale web services
• 5+ years of full life cycle software development experience in Agile environments using Java, C++ or C# for large scale and complex systems
• Expertise with AWS technologies
• Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation