Do you want to be part of new evolution in Alexa? Alexa, in addition to an intelligent assistant by itself, is just getting started to become foundational technology for other intelligent assistants. Help us to build the future of Alexa by building the technology for device makers and service providers to create their own assistants, tailored to their brand personality and customer needs, into automobiles, consumer electronics, mobile applications, smart properties, video games, and a variety of other digital experiences. This evolution will need new building blocks that you will define and build, and shape the future of custom assistants powered by Alexa. If you want to be part of such foundational team with startup culture and make decisions that define the future, this is the team for you!
As Software Development Engineer, you will build new components and services that form the core multi-tenant architecture for Alexa. You will own Tier 1 services that power all experiences that customers enjoy with Alexa devices. If you would like to be part of defining and building new technologies and invent on behalf of customers, this is the team for you. You will build internet scale, customer facing distributed services that process billions of requests per day, hundreds of thousands of TPS.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 4+ years of hands-on software development experience.
- Excellent programming skills in at least one modern programming language.
- Outstanding knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures and problem solving).
- Proficiency using Object Oriented Design and common design pattern.
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design of new and existing systems.
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- OOO design/development skills and have experience driving projects from concept to prototype, and finally implementation
- Mastery of the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages (Java, C/C++, Objective C, Python) and open-source technologies (Linux, SQLite, OpenGL, Spring, Hibernate)
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining web service API's
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non technical peers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us . .