Software Dev Engineer II
- Cupertino, CA
The Amazon Checkout Platform team seeks a creative software development engineer who treats software development as a craft, cares deeply about our customers, and takes great pride in both the technical and business contributions of their work. We are a growing team building services and frameworks that power the mission critical Checkout experience on Amazon retail websites world-wide. This platform is used by thousands of developers across the company to delight hundreds of millions of customers across the world with innovative checkout experiences.
We offer you the opportunity to build multi-tiered, low latency, highly resilient distributed systems at scale. You will play a leading role in building solutions that make a huge, measurable impact to the shopping experience. You will build solutions that can process large volumes of data, have lightning quick response times and make the checkout process ridiculously fast and simple.
The ideal candidate will have excellent technical design, problem solving and communication skills and be comfortable interacting with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels. In addition, the ability to work backwards and think from a customer perspective is crucial.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience with Resource Oriented Architectures (REST).
• A good engineer will demonstrate that they can proactively and continually improve their level of knowledge about Amazon's business and relevant technologies, and use this knowledge to deliver high quality, accurate software deliverables.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top