You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We're a company that isn't afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too. This position offers exceptional opportunities for every candidate to grow their technical and non-technical skills. If you are selected, you have the opportunity to really make a difference to our business by inventing, enhancing and building world class systems, delivering results, working on exciting and challenging projects.
Zappos Marketing Tech team is looking for a Software Engineer to build new and maintain exciting next-gen Marketing tools for our customers that differentiate us in the e-commerce space. The candidate will design and develop large software solutions to meet customer needs.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Results oriented and analytical, with a strong customer and business focus.
• Ability to communicate and discuss technical topics with both technical and business audiences.
• Highly innovative, self-directed and able to deal well with ambiguous problems.
• Strong sense of ownership, with a passion for software and continuous learning.
• BS/BA degree in a technical field.
• Design, implement, and deploy software components; Solve difficult problems generating positive feedback.
• Solid understanding of design approaches (and how to best use them).
• Ability to work independently and with your team to deliver software successfully.
• Delivery is consistently of a high quality (e.g., secure, testable, maintainable, low-defects, efficient, etc.) and incorporates best practices.
• Focus on operational excellence, constructively identifying problems and proposing solutions, taking on projects that improve your team's software, making it better and easier to maintain.
• Team contribution - Improvements to your team's development and testing processes; provide useful code reviews for changes submitted by others; establishes good working relationships with team-mates and peers working on related software; Recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialogue to resolve them.
• Train new team-mates about your customers, what your team's software does, how it is constructed, tested, operates, and how it fits into the bigger picture.
• Online retail experience is a plus
• Experience with the following.
• Java frameworks / build systems (Spring, JUnit, etc.).
• Experience with React, Nodejs and Redux
• Experience with AWS technologies including DynamoDB, Elastic Beanstalk, ECS, SQS, SNS, S3
• Experience with dev ops automation and continuous deployment