Software Dev Engineer II
- Bangalore, India
Amazon.in, Amazon's marketplace in India, is building a team to take it to the next level by building capabilities that are relevant for customers in India . Our Development team plays a pivotal role in this program, with the mission to build a comprehensive solution for the India business. This is a rare opportunity to be part of a team that will be responsible for building a successful, sustainable and strategic business for Amazon, from the ground up!
The ideal candidate will be instrumental in shaping the product direction and will be actively involved in defining key product features that impact the business. You will work with Principal Engineers at Amazon to evolve the design and architecture of the products owned by this team. You will be responsible to set up and hold a high software quality bar besides providing technical direction to a highly technical team of Software Engineers.
As part of this team you will work to ensure Amazon.in is FAST and has the best shopping experience. It's a great opportunity to develop and enhance experiences for Mobile devices first. You will work on analyzing the latency across the various Amazon.in pages using RedShift, MapReduce, Java, and Elastic Search. You will get the opportunity to code on almost all key pages on retail website building features and improving business metrics. You will also contribute reducing latency for customers by reducing the bytes on wire and adapting the UX based on network bandwidth. You will be part of a team that obsesses about the performance of our customer's experience and enjoy flexibility to pursue what makes sense. Your focus will be to understand customers behavior via data and use machine learning models to create unique experiences. Come enjoy an exploratory and research oriented team of Cowboys working in a fast paced environment, who are always eager to take on big challenges.
• Work closely with senior engineers to design, implement and deploy applications that impact the Amazon.in business with an emphasis on Mobile, Payments, and e-Commerce website development.
• Own the delivery of an integral piece of a system or application.
• Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
• Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent.
• Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
The ideal candidate will be a leader, quick learner and be able to work independently. He/she should be able to operate in a very fast paced environment where time to hit market is super critical. The candidate will need to balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience;
• 5 to 10 years of Software Development experience;
• Experience designing highly interactive web applications with performance, scalability, accessibility, usability, design, and security in mind. If you don't have all of these, that's ok, but be excited about learning the few you don't know.
• Experience with or knowledge of jQuery, Java, Struts, and other website technologies.
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
• Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, relational and No-SQL databases.
• Any previous experience in working with Big Data or leveraging machine learning in improving consumer experience is desirable.
• Software development experience in building highly scalable applications
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Experience in eCommerce and Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Experience working with service oriented architectures and web based solutions.
Back to top