AWS AppStream is the managed solution from AWS for interactively streaming any app. Driven by technical evolution, faster networks, advent of 5G, cheaper compute and graphics instances, interactive streaming is poised for breakthrough solutions. Streaming services (Amazon Music, Prime Video) disrupted the industry a decade ago focusing on static streaming. AWS AppStream takes the same principles and enables App-On-Demand through interactive streaming. Be it a productivity or enterprise app, just use the client of your choice (Mobile, Desktop) and instantly stream the app you want. No physical media, no specialized hardware, no installation necessary.
Our team is innovating in multiple areas to give our customers the best in class interactive streaming platform. Millions of concurrent streams, snappy click to app stream start, faster than human perception end to end latency of stream, lowest possible cost per stream, secure and isolated streams for best compute and graphics utilization, high fidelity graphics, broad server OS selection as well as client OS footprint. These are all goals we are tackling by leveraging the best AWS has to offer. We are looking for people who believe in the promise of cloud computing, who are excited by hard computer science problems and who are willing to re-imagine what's possible. Read more on AppStream : https://aws.amazon.com/appstream2/
Amazon AppStream 2.0 team is looking for passionate, experienced software developers to join us in scaling the new service platform. We'll need to tackle problems that span a variety of domains: interactive streaming protocol, adaptive streaming algorithms, GPU, systems development, real-time and distributed systems. You will help solve a variety of technical challenges and build a service end-to-end, with innovative experiences that will drive customer adoption and satisfaction. Given that this is an early-stage initiative, you will play an active role in translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables and build quick prototypes or proofs of concept in partnership with other technology leaders within the team. You will help invent new features, design, develop and deploy highly scalable and reliable distributed services. You will work with a variety of core languages and technologies including Java, C++, C#, Windows systems and driver's technologies.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 2+ years industry experience building successful production software systems
• BS or higher in computer science, math or other related disciplines
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals
• Programming in C, C++, C#, and/or Java in Linux and/or Windows environment.
• Windows development experience
• Analytical abilities and proven design skills.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
• The ability to take raw product requirements and develop software solutions and designs, to bring them to life.
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Women / Minority / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age