"Alexa, who's the on-call doctor in the ICU tonight?"
"Alexa, what aisle is the cereal in?"
"Alexa, how many developers work in Santa Barbara?"
Do you want to help simplify how people retrieve information in offices, organizations, and stores? On the Alexa Enterprise Knowledge Skills team, you'll do just that.
You'll have the unique and high-visibility opportunity to build tools that enable third-party developers to create self-service knowledge graphs on their private, enterprise data and enable employees and customers to have flexible, natural-language Q&A on that data through Alexa.
You'll work on all aspects of the product - from infrastructure to security, customer-facing interfaces to micro-services. You'll build these tools on top of the most comprehensive knowledge graph-based Q&A system in the world, gaining insight into the inner workings of AWS, the Alexa Skills Kit, and other Amazon systems.
Impact you'll have:
• Co-develop a new Alexa capability that helps employees and customers talk to enterprise data using natural language
• Have your code used daily by a high-volume of diverse Alexa and AWS customers (e.g. knowledge workers, medical professionals, business executives)
• Help grow a team significantly over the next 1-2 years
What you'll do:
• Work on a high-visibility, high-growth project within Alexa
• Commit code several times a day that is immediately seen/heard by Alexa users
• Gain deep familiarity with Alexa's technical underpinnings
• Influence our technical roadmap and feature priorities
Who you'll work with:
• A motivated, ambitious team of top-performing product managers and software developers
• Software developers across many Alexa teams, including Alexa's core understanding and answering
• Senior personnel across Alexa
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience developing enterprise software applications
• Experience with AWS technology (e.g. EC2, DynamoDB, S3)
• Proficiency in relational databases
• Proficiency with search technologies (ElasticSearch/Lucene)
• Proficiency building large-scale, high-availability web services
• Security-minded and comfortable working in Linux
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us