Amazon Influencers Program is searching for a Software Engineer (SDE1) to help innovate and transform the human-computer designs for the program. In this role, you will focus on Affiliate Marketing's newest, and most innovative products, including building mobile-first dynamic websites and apps. This role is based in Seattle, WA. Are you entrepreneurial and looking for a new challenge? Apply now!
Amazon Influencer Program (amazon.com/influencers) provides social media influencers on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram a storefront on Amazon with an exclusive vanity URL where they recommend products. Influencers are defined as social media users who leverage their credibility to influence their followers' behavior. Influencers can be enthusiasts, bloggers, experts, publishers or celebrities, and can be experts in anything from fashion to ocean fly fishing. Our team owns all the live features contributing to this program, including influencer storefronts, backend services and marketing promo codes. Storefronts give social media influencers a dedicated page on Amazon with an exclusive vanity URL where they recommend products. Influencers then promote their URL to refer traffic from social media.
We are looking for a talented and creative engineer who have a passion to create engaging and high-quality consumer experiences and products. You are preferably a full-stack developer who wants to build back-end services and front-end experiences. Clear communication will be important as you plan, design, and deliver the best experience for millions of customers. Along the way, you'll learn about challenges in launching a new business. You'll partner closely with cross organization teams and work with different job families.
You will play a key role in solving challenges, that include
• High Availability guarantees
• Extremely low latencies
• High throughput
• Leverage AWS for serverless architecture, and use S3, DynamoDB, Elastic Map Reduce and Elastic Machine Learning to build new services.
• Build cool new Web UIs and data rendering frameworks
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Knowledge of Machine Learning models and concepts.
• Experience with technologies like dynamoDB, Redshift, Scala, Swift.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience taking a project from scoping requirements through the production launch and beyond
• Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs
• Experience with scalable web applications and distributed services development is a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment
• You build the right product for your customers and take pride on delivering.
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• 2+ years professional experience in software development
• Practical experience writing large scale web applications including architectural decisions, language choices, frameworks and implementation
• Front End development Expertise
• Back End development Expertise
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, or Perl
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.