Software Dev Engineer II
- Hyderabad, India
We are the engine that powers Amazon
From massive scale, ridiculous reliability and 'big data' challenges, to the customer interaction and innovation that powers new businesses across Amazon, the eCommerce Platform Services group is at the heart of Amazon's growth and success. Our global systems are part of every purchase, every shipment, every browse of a product and every login. Our constant innovation enables and powers new businesses from Kindle and AWS to fulfillment to mobile. In addition to our platform services, we drive architectural changes across Amazon to keep the company moving at internet speed whether we want to launch a new country or a brand new website or move into entirely new forms of online commerce.
In short, we define "web scale".
We're looking for people with the desire and talent to make big changes in a fast paced environment. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are innovative, and long for the opportunity to build solutions to challenging problems then we want you as a Software Development Engineer for Amazon's eCommerce Platform Services group.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Master Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field plus one year of work experience. OR Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field plus five years of progressively responsible work experience in lieu of the Master's degree and one year of experience.
• Solid knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design)
• 4+yrs Proficiency in, at least, one object oriented programming language such as C++ or Java
• 4+Yrs Experience in building large scale distributed systems
• Experience in scaling and performance tuning of large systems
• Experience with AWS and other cloud technologies
• Ability to communicate across technical and non-technical audiences
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux
Back to top