Are you interested in building next generation services that will re-define international trade at Amazon? Do you want to improve how shoppers around the world discover and purchase global merchandise? Amazon Exports and Expansion is building new services responsible for enhancing the international shopping experience. Our mission is to provide a one-stop shopping experience to international customers that includes:
• Build solutions that reach millions of new customers all over the world, providing them with a world class shopping experience in their local language, payments, and currencies
• Drive customer experience technology for supporting customers all over the world.
• Work closely with the business to define the expansion strategy and figure out innovative solutions to help this thriving business continue to its exponential growth
We enable customers from over 77 countries to purchase products on Amazon with guaranteed shipping and import duty fees. We seek to improve this experience by making selection available across all Amazon marketplaces, so that customers can search and browse in their preferred language and currency.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline.
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java.
• Object Oriented Design and familiarity with application and database programming under UNIX/Linux.
• Experience with Agile/Lean (Kanban, SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, web services, UNIX, middleware, database and data mining systems.
• Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues.
• Master's degree in computer science, Math or Physics or related field.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• A high degree of pragmatism in building the simplest thing that does the job; we want to use technology to solve real-world problems expediently, not indulge in over-designed, unnecessarily intricate software architecture.
• A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done.
• A good understanding of SDLC models and a track record of shipping software efficiently. You recognize the difference between building software and shipping software.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines with optimal solutions.
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation