Join us in Seattle as we innovate on behalf of our customers in Amazon's fastest growing market: India. Come along for the ride as we tackle new kinds of challenges across the entire Amazon stack in one of the most complex and dynamic places on earth. Work with us as we bring our inventions to the world, transforming the lives of consumers and sellers in emerging markets across the globe.
With a population of 1.3B, more people are getting online for the very first time in India than anywhere else 6M every month, with 600M (46%) already connected. It's the world's fastest growing e-commerce market, and one of the largest consumer markets in the world. Most of our new customers are from smaller, hard-to-reach places across the country. Mapping is unreliable. Packages cannot be left on doorsteps. Mobile phones dominate. A multitude of languages are spoken. Most people don't have credit cards. Many need help buying online for the first time.
By encountering these types of challenges sooner and more often than other markets, we are pioneering innovative products and services that are impacting Amazon customers the world over. Whether it's assisted-shopping stations, a low-latency Amazon app, a cash-on-delivery option, or solving the vexing problem of connecting far-flung buyers and sellers, we on the Amazon India technology team work at every part of the Amazon experience. Whether we're employing ML or AI, building a new React-based front-end, or coordinating a dozen different parts of the Amazon ecosystem to drive a new initiative, exciting challenges abound.
We are 300 strong in Seattle and Vancouver, with 800 more across India. Join us as we play on the edge of global innovation at Amazon.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Enrolled in, or received at a minimum a Bachelor's Degree in a STEM related field such as IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering
• Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimization
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly