Software Dev Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Have you ever noticed the accurate shipping charge to your doormat? or the lovely and greatened shipping promise while you're shopping on Amazon? Maybe you've sold an old textbook or extra movie yourself. Selling on Amazon is one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.com with about one-third of all items currently sold originating from 3rd party merchants. The Ship By Region Technology team drives this multi-billion dollar business and develops solutions that enable millions of sellers around the world to sell on Amazon's Marketplaces. We are at the best position to develop the next generation regional shipping platform.
We are looking for engineers with a strong sense of ownership, customer obsession and a passion for delivering creative solutions and driving best shipping experience on an unprecedented scale by dealing with large scale of data in an extremely complicated distributed system. As part of the team, you will be given the chance to have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers as we take on significant challenges that can reshape the ecommerce industry.
Successful candidates must also be innovative, flexible, self-directed, and able to design and write high-performance, reliable, maintainable code. The ability to function at a very high level in a fast-paced environment along with a team of very talented engineers is essential. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment to deliver world class mission critical systems, this may be the career opportunity for you!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer -- Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related field
• Thorough knowledge and appreciation of Computer Science fundamentals including data structures and algorithms
• At least 8 years of industry experience in building scalable, highly available online services as well as front end technology.
• Additionally, at least 10 years of experience in leading software development team.
• A deep understanding to object-oriented design and programming
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, unit testing and functional testing
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in Mandarin and English
• Technically sound in software development activities
• Experience shipping high quality and super robust software on time
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills with excellent problem-solving abilities
• Experience with distributed systems
• Experience building distributes storage offerings
• Experience with Linux
• Experience with DNS, Load Balance, networking protocols
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software
• Internet and operating system security fundamentals
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
Back to top