Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, Lab126 has produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Dash Button. The Device OS team is a big part of creating these innovative devices at Lab126 providing the core OS, platform, features and components.
In the Device OS group, we are inventing the future for consumer electronics and are looking for a software engineer to help us bring the vision into reality and solve real world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet. The team develops scalable cloud solutions that enable our partners to quickly build and launch devices quickly and in a cost-effective way. If you love to be hands on designing and implementing quality platform for our consumer electronic devices while working with a world class, highly accomplished team, we would love to talk with you.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will lead the technical aspects of core Device customer experience and engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to design implement and bring to market innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
This Sr. Software Development Engineer role will be responsible for technically leading a development team that creates innovative Cloud solutions enabling new/unique experiences for our customers on a wide range of Amazon Devices.
This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence in Amazon Cloud Stack such as EC2, Lambda, Dynamo DB, Java full-stack and Python expertise, with a strong code craftsmanship principles and a good understanding of the scalable software system design. In addition, provide technical consultation across different organization, find innovative ways to solve customer needs and take up interesting technical problems that are unique to devices. You will work closely with Platform and application teams to ensure the highest level of quality for the Device OS deliverable.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or related field
• 10+ years of experience doing hands-on software development
• 5+ years of experience in Java Full Stack with strong web and cloud programming skill
• Having strong communication and document writing skills
• Understanding of embedded development constraints
• Experience working on high-volume consumer products
• Master's degree preferred
• Sound knowledge in Java full-stack, Spring Boot and Web Programming
• Hands on experience in Python stack
• Understanding of AWS Lambda, EC2 and Dynamo DB will be a plus
• Having strong code craftsmanship with sound knowledge
• Understanding of embedded development constraints would be a plus
• Experience working on highly scalable cloud services for high-volume consumer products