Want to transform the way people enjoy music on Alexa? Come join the team that made Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, Live Radio, Audible books, Kindle books, Podcasts, and more available to Alexa customers.
You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products that will be used every day by people you know. We're looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for setting technical vision of how we build the software behind how music is enjoyed through Alexa. A successful candidate will have an established background in setting product, technical, and architectural vision on building technology that enriches the customer experience at scale.
• Responsible for setting technical vision for the customer
• Leading and inspiring teammates to raise the standards in the quality of the software they build.
• The key requirement for this position is established skill designing and developing complex, interactive customer experiences.
• Advise senior leadership of technical opportunities and pitfalls to ensure long term rapid delivery of customer features.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.)
• 4+ years experience with leadership among software development teams, with some hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
• Experience delivering large, cross-functional projects
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Experience with developing, releasing and maintaining a large scale services or applications
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us