Software Dev Engineer
Are you passionate about innovative technologies like speech and IoT? Are you interested in Amazon Alexa, the brain behind Amazon Echo? Are you interested to learn how Alexa powers AWS LEX? Are you entrepreneurial and interested in learning the dynamics of both Alexa and AWS? Here is a unique opportunity to be part of both worlds AWS and Alexa.
The Amazon Alexa team is looking for a Software Dev Engineers to help build the Speech recognition, Natural language understanding(NLU) and entity resolution services to cater to AWS LEX. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for new products and IoT, enthusiasm for our mission, and a talent for managing building great products. We're working hard, having fun, and making history.
The Software Dev Engineer role requires working with AWS development team, science teams to understand how AWS LEX user experience translate into speech recognition, NLU and Entity Resolution(ER) design and evolution. An opportunity to understand technical solutions end to end, building scalable services to cater to the growing needs to AWS LEX, building the solutions that work future Alexa customers. This position involves getting a deeper understanding of the technology stack that caters to AWS LEX and building solutions from design to delivery.
- Own and manage how AWS LEX needs translate into Alexa platform requirements in speech recognition, Natural language understanding and Entity Resolution.
- Responsible for the architecting & developing cutting edge solutions
- Investigate design, prototype and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
- Collaborate effectively with peer teams and key partner services to deliver robust engineering product
- spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
- Influence overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture by working with Sr Engineers and Principal Engineers.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
- 3+ years industry experience building successful production software systems
- B.S. (or higher) degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Experience converting high-level technical requirements into successful products through solid engineering design and implementation.
- Experience in modern programming languages (C/C++, Java, Python), open-source technologies and multiple operating systems (Linux, Android etc.)
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- Experience in Machine Learning.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top