We enable millions of employees we call Amazonians globally to work hard have fun and make history. Are you interested in building products that deliver to the most diverse workforce in the world, creating experiences that truly amaze your customers?
Our products deliver leave of absence, disability and accommodation services to Amazon employees in U.S. and Globally expanding to 60+ countries. Driven by innovation, our mission is to invent and simplify the customer experience. Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation and deliver highly visible solutions that truly matter and effect change? If so, we are looking for a world class engineers in the Amazon Employee Services Technology (ESTech) Team.
You will own the full stack design and development of product features, building scale, efficiency, and a differentiated customer experiences. You will leverage your deep technical expertise to provide solutions that are highly usable, scalable, and extensible. Your work and development skills will set the high bar for raising standards across the development team. You will create efficiencies both in your team and others through reusable processes and designs, and optimize for speed while ensuring quality outcomes.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about building software solutions end-to-end, have strong software development experience delivering at scale solutions, and systems design skills. You will have a demonstrated ability delivering within a DevOps delivery model from requirements analysis, design, development, test, CI/CD, security implementation, and operational excellence with the ability to work cross-functionally with Product Managers, business stakeholders and other tech teams.
You should also be comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with fast delivery time with rapid iteration.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Masters in Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience.
• 2+ years' experience building cloud services on AWS.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• 2+ years' experience working in teams following Agile methodology
• 2+ years' experience working with Salesforce Applications.
• Hands-on experience with React.js, Node.js, AWS (S3, SQS, large-scale web services, and serverless applications (API Gateway, Lambda functions, Route53, CloudFront) is a great plus.
• Hands-on expertise across disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end software systems and all points in between.
• Experience communicating with users, software development engineering teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us